Parental Involvement in School
Parents are regarded as a vital support to the running of the school, and are kept in touch with all that is going on through meetings, parents’ evenings and frequent letters home.
Parental helpers within the school are very welcome! We need help in all sorts of ways, including:
- Helping with school outings, including Walking with the children to the village hall.
- Supporting children with art activities
- Helping with Golden Time activities
- Working in the school garden
- Mounting pupil work and displaying on wall
- Enhancing the Learning of Children and supporting your child
- Listening to and reading to children
- Sharing expert knowledge
- Regular support with homework
- Project work
- Encouraging your child to read at home
- Discuss any concerns with class teacher
- Actively participating in Self Evaluation to inform school improvements
- Social Activities
- Arranging social evenings for parents in conjunction with the Parent Council
- Being involved in the Parent Council
WE NEED YOU! If you can spare some time and wish to help, please let us know.
- Information and resources for parents and Parent Councils can be found on the Parentzone Scotland website: http://www.educationscotland.gov.uk/parentzone/index.asp